PRIVACY & COOKIES STATEMENT
This Privacy & Cookies Statement forms part of the General Terms and Conditions. Please read the Terms and Conditions and this Privacy & Cookies Policy carefully before using the Website.
1. Service Provider/Data Controller Introduction
The service provider of this website is gategroup solutions Hong Kong Limited, with registered address Room 7-8A, 9F Exchange Tower, 33 Wang Chiu Road, Kowloon Bay Hong Kong. gategroup solutions Hong Kong Limited, is the controller of personal data processed through this website.
gategroup solutions Hong Kong Limited, is committed to protecting the privacy and security of your personal data. The purpose of this Privacy Statement (hereinafter referred to as the Statement) is to explain why and how we process your personal data and, additionally, explains your rights under applicable law.
gategroup solutions Hong Kong Limited, processes your personal data in accordance with the EU General Data Protection Regulation (“GDPR”) and in compliance with the Australian Privacy Principles. This Statement applies to users of this website.
“Personal Data”, as used herein, means any and all information about an identifiable natural person or, to the extent required by law, about an identifiable legal entity.
“We”, “us”, or “our”, as used herein, means gategroup solutions Hong Kong Limited, with registered address gategroup solutions Hong Kong Limited, as indicated in more detail in the imprint.
3. Purpose for which we collect and process personal data and legal basis for collection and processing
We collect and process your personal data for specific and limited purposes. We ask only for personal data that is adequate, relevant and limited to what is necessary for those purposes. For all processing of personal data, we are required to have a legal basis to do so in compliance with applicable data privacy laws. The purposes for which we collect and otherwise process your personal data and the legal basis for which we collect and otherwise process your personal data are as detailed below:
· Processing of your order and your payment in connection with the performance of our contractual relationship with you;
· To analyse your shopping preferences to offer a tailored service offering;
· Marketing of our products, offers and services based on your consent;
· Improve our products and services based on our legitimate interest to continuously improved our products and services.
If you have agreed, we may use your personal data from time to time to make you aware of our products, offers and services, which may be of interest to you. If at any time you decide that you do not wish for your personal data to be used for such marketing related messages, you can unsubscribe.
When you place an order on this website, we will send you occasional direct marketing via email about similar products and services. We have a legitimate interest in sending you marketing to promote our products and services to our customers and to make sure you are aware of the best offers and deals available.
You can unsubscribe from direct marketing at any time by following the instructions provided in the email. We will stop sending you marketing messages as soon as possible, but, in any event, will do so not later than 30 days from your request.
If you have not placed an order in 13 months, then we will automatically opt you out of receiving further direct marketing. If you order from us again and have not previously unsubscribed, or if you place an order and opt-in to direct marketing, we will recommence sending marketing communications to you.
For each of the above purposes of processing, we collect, store and process categories of your personal data to include:
· Your first and last name
· Your address, email address and phone number
· Your order details
· Your credit card information, to process your meal order
· Your IP address
· Your past orders.
4. Recipients of your personal data
· We may need to share your personal data with third parties, including third-party service providers, and with other gategroup entities, as required by the law, when its necessary to process your order or where we have a legitimate interest to do so.
· We request third parties to respect the security of your Personal Data and to process it in line with applicable privacy laws.
· When we share your personal data with third-party service providers, we will only disclose personal data necessary to provide the service. Before sharing any Personal Data, we will ensure that all providers are contractually bound and can demonstrate that your Personal Data:
· will be processed in accordance with applicable law;
· rights will be guaranteed;
· will be stored in a safe and secure manner to ensure confidentiality of the data;
· will only be kept for as long as it takes to process the service;
· will never be used for anything other than the processing of the requested service;
· your Personal Data will not be used by third parties for marketing purposes.
5. For how long do we store Personal Data?
We will delete your personal data when it is no longer necessary for the purpose for which it was collected unless otherwise required under applicable laws.
Where you have agreed for us to use your personal data to make you aware of our products and services, any personal data collected for this purpose will be deleted if you decide to unsubscribe from such marketing related communications.
- How can you exercise your right to request information?
You have the right to submit an information request in order to learn what categories of personal data we are processing about you for what purposes, how we share your personal data with others and how long we store your personal data. If you would like to submit such request, please send an e-mail to RetailHKG@gategroup.com.
In rare cases we may – to the extent permitted by applicable law – have to partially or entirely refuse to answer your request. In such case we shall inform you about the reasons of such refusal.
7. How can you exercise your rectification, erasure or opposition rights?
We want to ensure you remain in control of your personal data. Part of this is making sure you understand your rights, which are as follows:
· Access– the right to access your personal data, obtain a confirmation of your personal data we currently hold.
· Rectify– the right to inaccurate data rectified.
· Remove – the right to have your data erased (however, this is not an absolute right and gategroup may have legal or legitimate grounds for keeping such personal data).
· Restrict – the right, in some cases, to restrict processing of your personal data.
· Object – the right to object to the processing of your personal data for direct marketing, or in any other situation in compliance with local laws.
· Portability – the right to receive the personal data concerning you, which you have provided to us, in a structured, commonly used and machine-readable format and have the right to transmit those data to another controller without hindrance from the controller to which the personal data have been provided.
· Withdraw – you may withdraw your consent, at any time, for the processing of your personal data for which you have provided consent. Contact us directly at email@example.com. When the request is submitted to gategroup Solutions Hong Kong Limited, we will send you a confirmation of acknowledging your request. We may contact you to clarify your request, seek additional information or to verify your identity before processing. If you feel that your rights have been impacted, please contact our Data Protection Officer at firstname.lastname@example.org.
8. Amendments of the Privacy & Cookies Policy
The right to amend this Privacy & Cookies Policy at any time is reserved. Amendments shall apply as soon as they are published on this Website.
This Privacy & Cookies Policy and its interpretation and any disputes arising under or in connection therewith are subject to the laws of Hong Kong.
- Additional information about cookies
What is a Cookie?
Cookies are small electronic files that are sent to your computer’s hard drive by the web server on which the Website is hosted. Cookies pose no risk to your computer, as they are simply files and not executable programs.
What are Cookies used for on this Website?
We use so-called Session Cookies which are deleted when you end the browser session, as well as Permanent Cookies that are stored until deleted by you.
For the purposes for which Cookies may be used on the Website please see the section “For what purposes do we process Personal Data?”
For a complete list of the Cookies currently used on this Website, please see the up-to date List of Cookies.
Can the Cookie settings be changed?
You decide yourself whether the Website’s web server is allowed to save Cookies on your computer or not. You can opt to change your browser settings so that Cookies are not allowed to be accepted or saved on your computer at any time. You can delete the files that are stored on your computer and that contain Cookies.
Please be aware that declining or denying Cookies may prevent you from being able to use the Website to its highest capability and that some functions on the Website may be limited or unavailable.
List of Cookies
The below list shows the Cookies used by this Website, together with the purpose, duration and management of each Cookie.
Necessary: needed for the site to operate correctly. They are usually generated when users access the website or login to the site and are used to identify them on the website.
Statistics: help us to understand how many visitors interact with the website by collecting and reporting information anonymously. We use google analytics for this purpose (further details below).
Marketing: used to track visitors across our website and to display ads to those visitors that are relevant and engaging for the individual user.
Google Analytics: Google sets in particular the following Cookies:
__utma Cookie: A persistent cookie that remains on a computer, unless it expires or the cookie cache is cleared. It tracks visitors. Metrics associated with the Google __utma cookie include: first visit (unique visit), last visit (returning visit). The cookie is updated every time data is sent to Google Analytics.
__utmc Cookie: This cookie is used to determine the end of browser sessions. Historically, this cookie operated in conjunction with the __utmb cookie to determine whether the user was in a new session/visit.
__utmv Cookie: This is a persistent cookie. It is used for segmentation, data experimentation and operates with the __utmz cookie to improve cookie targeting capabilities.
Please also see section “Additional Information about Google Analytics”.
Additional Information about Google Analytics
Does gategroup solutions use Google Analytics?
This Website uses Google Analytics, a web analytics service provided by Google, Inc. (“Google”) in the US.
What is Google Analytics?
Google Analytics Cookies allow monitoring the Website by means of the Google Analytics tool, which is a service provided by Google to obtain user access information on the Website. Some of the data saved are: number of times a user visits the Website, dates of the first and last visit, duration of the visits, the page from where the user accessed the Website, the search engine the user used to access the Website or the link they clicked on, the place in the world from where the user accesses, etc.
The configuration of these Cookies is predetermined by the service offered by Google and the information generated by the Cookie about the use of the Website will be transmitted and stored by Google, Inc. (a United States-based company). Therefore, please consult the privacy page of Google Analytics, https://developers.google.com/analytics/devguides/collection/analyticsjs/cookie-usage, to obtain further information on the Cookies it uses.
Google will use this information for the purpose of evaluating the use of the Website, compiling reports on website activity and providing other services relating to website activity and internet usage. Google may also transfer this information to third parties where required to do so by law, or where such third parties process the information on Google’s behalf.
Google does not associate IP addresses with any other data held by Google.
Can Google Analytics Cookies be refused?
The use of Google Analytics Cookies may be refused by changing the appropriate browser settings.
Furthermore, you can prevent Google’s collection and use of data (cookies and IP address) by downloading and installing the browser plug-in available under:
Mailchimp and Weebly
We use Mailchimp as our marketing platform. By opting in to subscribe to marketing updates, you acknowledge that your information will be transferred to Mailchimp for processing. Learn more about Mailchimp’s privacy practices here.
We use Mailchimp and Weebly to legally collect, store and execute Customer marketing, promotions, news and to keep in touch with our Customers. All data stored and used is because the Customer has opted in at their own will. Mailchimp and Weebly have strict privacy and data storage policies and carry out their own safety assurance to ensure you are protected. Customers who have opted in to marketing from Mailchimp and/or Weebly can opt out at any time.
We use Hotjar to gain a better understanding of its customers’ needs and to optimise its services continuously. Hotjar is a technology service that helps us to better understand its users’ experiences, for example, the time they spend on which pages or the links they click. This user feedback helps us improve this Website continuously. We use Hotjar’s services including heat maps, visitor recordings, funnels and form analysis. Hotjar uses a tracking code and a cookie to receive data concerning the behaviour of our users and their devices. The following information is captured through Hotjar’s tracking code: the device’s IP address (captured and stored in an anonymized form only), size of the device’s screen, type of device (unique device codes), browser information, geographical location (country only) and the language preferences for displaying this Website. Hotjar saves this information in a pseudonym user profile. Hotjar does not associate this information with visitors to this Website. Instead, Hotjar shows the behaviour of visitors to this Website. Hotjar or us will not use this information to identify individual users or match it with other data concerning individual users. For details, please go to Hotjar’s privacy statement available at https://www.hotjar.com/legal/policies/privacy.
You can object to Hotjar’s creating a user profile, saving data concerning your use of this Website and using tracking cookies on other websites by clicking https://www.hotjar.com/legal/compliance/opt-out.
Version of 08/07/2020